Your Story Starts Here
Technology for All’s goal is to help those who have been left behind in today’s digital world. As a volunteer, you are one of our most valuable assets. You allow us to help more people and you can make a significant difference in someone’s life. Because of you, people are helped who might not be otherwise.
As a volunteer you don’t just do the work ~ you make it work.
You don’t need to have advanced computer skills. There are many opportunities for you to give back to the community, in a variety of ways, through Technology for All.
A Few of Our Volunteer Opportunities
- HISD Teacher Coach: We are seeking volunteers to help the students and teachers at Milby High School who are beginning a new online, interactive and collaborative venture in learning. Each student and teacher will be issued a laptop. TFA wants to help them be successful. Volunteers will work with the teachers and students to help them feel comfortable with their new technology.
- Computer Lab Monitor: Volunteers who act as computer lab monitors help clients who come into the labs. Some labs are busy all day, and you might be paired with another volunteer. Other labs have fewer clients, and volunteers might monitor the labs themselves. Most of our clients are beginners – many don’t have an email address, know how to surf the Web or even how to use a keyboard. If you’re able to do these things, then you have all the computer skills you need to volunteer in a computer lab with us.
- Training Assistant: These volunteers help the trainers when questions arise or students need personalized help during class times.
- Trainers: When a volunteer has the skills necessary to teach a specific subject, they may be asked if they would like to lead a class. Class outlines and expectations are available.
- Administrative Work: Like any other office, there is a lot to do to make sure we keep things running smoothly. We also rely on volunteers to help us with outreach, data entry, office duties, reception, and special projects.
- Professional Services: The TFA staff relies on professionals to assist with accounting, marketing, consulting, and legal areas. If you are a professional, your services are invaluable to a non-profit organization such as ours.
- Technical Support: We often need help with computer maintenance, troubleshooting, and software updates. These volunteers are vital in keeping our labs working properly.
- General Help: We always like to keep our facilities in good repair and looking nice. If you can help with painting, cleaning, landscaping, minor maintenance or you are skilled in a specific maintenance area, we have a place for you.
Fill out the following form to submit a Volunteer Application and you will be contacted ASAP.
Volunteers are the only human beings on the face of the Earth
who reflect this nation’s compassion, unselfish caring, patience, and just plain loving one another.